Skip to main content

Review: Silver Cross Horizon Go

Silver Cross is more known for their luxory pram systems than regular strollers. This year they come out with Silver Cross Jet, an ultra light and compat travel stroller and now they have two more - Silver Cross Horizon City and Horizon Go. Silver Cross strollers are just as good quality as their pram systems, they look as luxorious as well.

The difference between Horizon City and Horizon Go is that Go has larger wheels and a larger shopping basket. The basket is indeed huge, similarily to Silver Cross Pioneer. Another difference is that these two strollers do not have an ergonomic seat rather a full-recline.




Some technical details about Silver Cross Horizon Go:

  • Seat carrying capacity: 25 kg
  • Dimensions open: 60 x 73 x 105 cm
  • Dimensions folded: 60 x 87,5 x 48 cm
  • Seat lenght: 88 cm
  • Seat back height: 50 cm
  • Weight: 11 kg
  • Shopping basket carrying capacity: 5 kg
The stroller can be used both parent-facing and forward facing. Interestingly the stroller is actually more comfortable to use parent-facing as it folds smaller when parent facing and also the center of gravity pushes slightly towards the pusher meaning it is still light to push unlike many other strollers.


The shopping basket is huge. Accessibility is good from both sides in both seat positions. Carrying capacity of 5 kg is not huge, but it is sufficient, and can carry a lot of volume. When I tested it I had a large wool blanket, foot cover, two rain covers, large handbag in it and there was still room for more. 

The canopy is fairly large with several extension possibilities. Fabrics are high quality and dense. For a larger / taller child the canopy is not ideal, but pushed back (at least half way) it works alright. For a smaller child it is ideal. 

The stroller comes equipped with a baby insert, which means you can still transform it into a pram without an extra prambasket. So it is suitable from birth to, I would say, a child up to 95 cm or so. The seat back lenght is sufficient, and divided well between seat sections. The seat is excellent for sleeping both in lenght and width. My 90 cm kid slept well in it. One thing that stroller buyers in colder climates should consider though, is that the distance between the stroller seat and bumper bar is a bit narrower than I am used to seeing. If there is a bit chubbier kid in the stroller with e.g thick sleeping bag e.g Voksi Urban or Classic, it might be a bit tight. But I didn´t test it myself with a thick sleeping bag, Ticket to Heaven sleeping bag was fine. 

The suspension is so-called four-way suspension, and as they call it a multi-terrain stroller. So more intended for the city, but it could handle a bit bumpier roads alright, similarily to Thule Sleek or Emmaljunga NXT60f. I was not too impressed by the curb pop. On smooth roads the push is very easy. It was a bit bumpy on granite gravel (that is used for making roads less slippery). In my mind it compares well also with Nuna Mixx2 (but fits a taller child and is much higher quality) and Baby Jogger City Premier (both fit a tall child, but Horizon Go is much lighter push and lighter weight with much better access to the shopping basket). 

The handle has a telescope system, and is very easy to use. It can be pushed in for example in public transit and takes up little room. It fits well both taller and shorter parents/users. Both the handle and bumper bar are covered with leather, but for some reason they are of different colors. It didn´t bother me, but I think it might bother some people. 















The stroller comes with foot apron, rain cover, baby insert and you can buy a seat-liner as an accessory. Besides the original rain cover (which in my mind takes up a bit too much space), Elodie Details and Ora Hertta (few cm of canopy are not covered with the latter) rain-covers work as well.

What I love about Silver Cross Horizon Go?
  • Appearance and materials - very high quality!
  • Large seat
  • Very good option to use parent facing
  • The seat unit is light - I was able to light up the seath with my 12 kg child in it and turn it around
  • Bumper bar opens as a gate
  • Huge shopping basket with good access
  • Long canopy with peek-in window and ventilation that can be covered for winter
  • Good wheels that don´t collect gravel
What could be improved?
  • the color choices on the bumper bar and handle
  • the safety belt could look a bit more classy - it is simple to use and that I like, but it doesn´t follow the rest of the stroller well in my opinion
  • Raising the canopy like on Thule Sleek would be a great addition.
  • The bumper bar should be extendable (or maybe extra adapters sold for it as an accessory if a person plans to use a thick sleeping bag)
  • Bit more terrain capability
  • Bit more flexible when maneuvering at higher speeds.
Overall, out of all the parent facing stroller options out there, it is one of the best options on city roads, but if you plan on moving on a lot of rough terrain and ergonomic seat is not an issue, Thule sleek might be a better option for you. But compared to many others, the biggest advantages are a large seat, big shopping basket and quality. To someone living in the city, a great option from birth until the end stroller using age.

You can buy it from Stroller24.

Comments

  1. Good evening! Any inputs regarding the compatible car seats with this stroller please? Besides the Silver Cross one, I can't find any information on the topic. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review: Bumbleride indie 2018 and differences from 2017 version

My love for stroller began about a year and half ago, when I found myself thinking, while taking my 7 month old daughter to a stroll for her nap, that perhaps the reason for not loving those walks as much as I should, was the stroller. I found it hard to push, the canopy was not long enough and I felt it limited where I could go. I had bought, about a year before, Mutsy Igo (2016). And don´t get me wrong, it is a perfectly ok stroller, but just not for my needs. The reason I had bought it, was that it was the most different I could find from the classical Emmaljunga that is almost repulsively popular in Estonia. Mutsy Igo was minimalistic, seemed to be compact and light. Boy, had I little information. This post is not meant as a negative review about Mutsy Igo, but rather to praise the stroller that I found after it. I found Bumbleride Indie. I found it after months of searching through all the sporty and all-terrain strollers I knew and ordered it off the internet like a pig in a bag

Review: Micralite Profold

I can now no longer say Fastfold is the smallest stroller in Micralite's product line. They now have Profold. Who wouldn't want a tiny stroller with (visible) suspension and an extendable canopy? So I had to test it out. Now for those, who have before been a little skeptical about Micralite due to Fastfold's and Smartfold's very different appearance, Profold is probably more for you - it looks almost ordinary. And frankly, for that part, I am a bit dissapointed - the frame is almost the same as Silver Cross Wing and Easywalker Buggy XS have. From Micralite I would have really expected something with a little more "wow" factor. But luckily they have maintained a good selection of fabrics and indeed, the suspension is very good for a microstroller. As I said, this is a microstroller - so it will fit into the hand luggage compartment of many airlines e.g Easyjet. There are some strollers that are even smaller when folded, so I do recommend you check with